If you run QuickBooks in multi-user mode, there are chances that some other user has already opened the company file before. When you try to open the company file when it is already opened on another user’s system, then you will get an error message stating, “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user…” This is a common company file error that affects QuickBooks multi-user mode users. If you are also dealing with QuickBooks error 6073, then stick to this blog till the end for detailed troubleshooting instructions along with the reasons.
What happens if the solutions described down below will not resolve error 6073 in QuickBooks? If you are also wondering the same, then to end your dilemma QuickBooks support team is available round the clock at 855-856-0042.
You may also read: QuickBooks error 6210
Some of the Most Common Reasons that Trigger QuickBooks Desktop Error 6073
- In case some other user has already opened the company file being in single-user mode.
- The folder where the company file is saved on the server computer is read-only.
- If you are trying to access the company file using remote software like Anydesk or Log Me in.
Now, as you are aware of the reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks company file error 6073, let’s move to the next section of the blog, where we will discuss the solutions to resolve it.
Simple Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6073
Solutions 1: Switch QuickBooks Desktop to Multi-User Mode
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on the server computer and click the File tab.
- Now move to the Utility drop-down and select the Host Multi-User Access option.
- Once QuickBooks is switched to multi-user mode, try to access the company file from the workstation computer.
- If the error code 6073 reappears, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Change the Properties of the Company File Folder on the Network Computer
- Right-click the folder in which the company file is saved on the server computer.
- Select properties.
- Now un-check the option that says “Read Only”.
- Click Apply and then hit OK.
- Try to access the company file once again and check if the error is now resolved.
solutions 3: Add OLD as an Extension in ND and TLG file
- First-of-all opens the folder where the company file is stored.
- Next, in the company file directory, you will find the file with extension ND and TLG.
- Now, Add OLD as an extension for both files.
- At last, Go back and check if your company file is opening now or not.
Note: If you are still dealing with the error, you must ensure that you are not using any remote software to access the company file. If you are doing so, you must first exit the software and try to access the company file from QuickBooks installed on the machine. You can scan the server computer for the company file using the QuickBooks database server manager.
Hopefully, the information given above will be helpful to resolve QuickBooks error 6073. In such a case where none of the solutions mentioned above helps fix the error, the user will need to contact a certified QuickBooks Desktop expert. You can reach one of our certified QuickBooks Desktop experts at Support Number 855-856-0042.