Many users come across QuickBooks error PS077 while downloading the latest QuickBooks payroll update. The users require the latest payroll tax table for filing taxes online. The error comes up on the screen, followed by a message, “QuickBooks having trouble installing payroll tax table updates.” Most of the time, the error occurs due to inactive QuickBooks payroll subscriptions and entering incorrect information while subscribing for payroll services. This blog will brief you on QuickBooks error PS077, its causes and solutions, so read carefully until the end.
Before you learn the causes and try to resolve the error it is important to learn about those errors. Those error codes occurred when QuickBooks users try to update payroll to the next version. It comes with an error code starting with PSXXX
If you are dealing with QuickBooks error PS077 and want an instant solution to fix it, then dial our toll-free number 1.800.579.0391 and get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals
What causes QuickBooks Error PS077?
There are numerous reasons behind the error. We have listed some of them below. Have a look:
- Incorrect account info.
- Outdated QuickBooks desktop application.
- Damaged QuickBooks desktop.
- Inappropriate User Account Control settings.
Scroll down and choose the most appropriate solution that fits your situation.
Read Also:- QBDBMgrN Not Running on This Computer
Quick Ways to Fix QuickBooks error PS077
The troubleshooting steps given below will help you resolve the error:
Step 1. Register QuickBooks and download its latest update
Follow these steps to register your software and then update it for the latest security and software improvements:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Open the Product Information window by pressing the F2 key.
- Next to the license number, check if it shows activated or not.
- If it doesn’t show Activated, you need to register QuickBooks.
- Once you’re done, proceed to the next step to update QuickBooks.
Step 2. Download the latest version of QuickBooks
The steps given below will help update QuickBooks manually:
- Close company files.
- Exit QuickBooks.
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and choose the Run as administrator option.
- When the No Company Open screen appears, select the Help menu.
- Click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Options menu.
- Click Mark All and then Save.
- Select the Update Now tab.
- Mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- Click Get Updates.
- Once the update completes, reopen QuickBooks.
- Install the latest update.
If the error continues, move on to the next step.
Step 3. Repair QuickBooks using the repair tool
Before running the repair tool, make sure you have a backup company file:
- Restart your workstation.
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and click Uninstall a Program.
- Next, choose QuickBooks from the list of programs.
- Select Uninstall/Change, then Continue and Next.
- Click Repair and then Next.
- At last, click Finish.
This blog has covered basic troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks error PS077. We hope you find it helpful and informative. If the error doesn’t fix after troubleshooting, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.800.579.0391.