Outlook servers ensure that your data is always secure and accessible. It includes some key features to make the experience of sending and receiving your email easier and more secure. But sometimes, users face a variety of problems when working with Outlook. One of these errors is that the Outlook data file is in use and cannot be accessed.
The message you get when you encounter an error is as follows: 0x8004010F: Outlook data file cannot be accessed and learn how to [pii_email_aef67573025b785e8ee2] Error Code Solved in MS Outlook? When users encounter this error, they cannot send or receive emails, there is a possibility that PST files will be corrupted, and Outlook data displayed due to this Outlook cannot be opened on the screen. In this article, you will learn different techniques for fixing Outlook data file.
Outlook data file is in use and cannot be accessed
When this error appears on the screen. This cannot be fixed by using a PST file on another application or by restarting the system with how to solve [pii_email_c75373ce5b34bf577425] Error Code in MS Outlook?There are several possible causes for this problem:
- Due to the expiration of Outlook and EXE, Outlook does not run on the backend.
- Possibility to run backup process of PST files on backend.
- Sometimes, these Outlook conflicts are caused by software or add-ins defects.
- Damaged / corrupted PST file (large size), due to disk errors or Outlook crash on local system.
- Removing antivirus and anti-spyware program files without their headers.
- There are many reasons why users using Outlook data files are in use and cannot be accessed. Now, let’s look at the step-by-step process of various techniques to fix it successfully.
- The best techniques to fix an Outlook data file cannot be opened
- The Outlook data file is in use and cannot be accessed, follow each method step correctly and carefully to resolve it.
Create and use a new Outlook profile
The easiest way to fix this error is to create a new account and use it as a primary account in Outlook. This will get rid of the error, and you can easily configure your old profile. Learn how to [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] Error Code Solved in MS Outlook?
- Steps to find the data file location
- First, you need to locate your Outlook data file.
- Open the control panel on your local machine.
- In the opening wizard, click View in the upper-right corner and select a larger icon from the drop-down.
- Here, select the Mail option and click on it to see your email settings.
- Now, select the Show Profile option to view your Outlook profile.
- Here, you have to select the current profile from the menu and tap on Properties.
- You can also click the Data Files button to see where your data file is stored.
- On the second screen, you will find a file entry with a checkmark next to it. Also, save the location of this Outlook data file.
Steps to create a new Outlook profile
To change your old account and corrupt PST, you will need to create a new Outlook profile. To do this, apply the following steps:
- First, run Control Panel and select the Mail option.
- Select with the Show Profile button to view your profile.
- Tap the Add button to add a new Outlook profile.
- Define the name of the new profile in the Profile Name field and press the OK option to save it.
- On another wizard, select the Manual Setup or Additional Server Types option and tap Next to begin the process of setting up a new email account with Outlook.
- Here, go with your email account type and press next. If your email account contains POP3 or IMAP information, select this POP or IMAP.
- Enter your email account details and when it’s finished, select Existing Outlook
- Also deliver new messages under Data Files and then tap the Browse button.
- Go back to the Mail option, always select your newly created account from this profile drop-down menu and press OK. This will default to your new account.
Another solution is adding a new data file to Outlook, and because of that, it will create data for Outlook and also resolve that the Outlook data file is in use and cannot be accessed.
Akash is a Digital Marketing Manger @ blogposthut.com with more than 5 years of experience in Online Reputation Management, Guest blogging outreach, Link building etc having wide knowledge of Organic Search Engine Optimization.