The Brother Printer is a popular all-in-one machine that carries all your useful tasks like print, scan, and copy. Another amazing feature of this printer is that it can be connected wirelessly. So, it doesn’t matter whether the primary location of the Brother Printer is at home or in the office, people within the network can easily access the printer without any struggle of a cord or wire. However, with the advancement of technology, it is difficult to keep yourself informed about how to set up certain features that printer offers. With this, the question arises, how to connect Brother Printer to WiFi? Don’t worry, you just need to follow certain steps to properly set up the Brother Printer. But, before going on steps to connect the Brother printer to WiFi, you should have essential information about the WPS network. The two most critical elements are network key details and network name. You can get valuable information either from the documentation such as the invoice of Brother Printer or the backside of the router. After you can locate the wireless router setting, now you are good to go to set up the wireless printer.
Connecting Brother Printer to WiFi
Now, you will get to know about the steps to follow while connecting Brother Printer to WiFi. Check out these to connect Brother Printer to WiFi:
- Use the control panel of the Brother Printer to set it wirelessly.
- Now, the first step is to connect the AC power cord with the printer. After connecting, you can turn on the printer.
- Go on “Menu.”
- To select wireless setup or network settings, you should press the up or down arrow key.
- To select any network, press the up or down arrow and then OK.
- And, to select the WLAN, press the up or down arrow and then OK.
- Further to select the setup wizard, press the up or down arrow key and press OK.
- Enable your wireless network when your LAN is enabled. With this, the wireless setup wizard will set up.
- After this, Brother Printer will search for the network and come up with the list of networks available. Select the SSID according to your want and then press OK.
- Insert the SSID key.
These are some of the steps to follow to connect the Brother Printer easily with the WiFi. When you follow the steps properly as mentioned above, you can connect the Brother Printer with WiFi hassle-free.
What to Do When Brother Printer is Not Connecting to WiFi?
People face the issue where Brother Printer not connecting to WiFi, and it is vital to learn how to fix it. If you have a digital/electronic device, then specific issues with come along with it.
Simple Steps to Follow To Solve Brother Printer Not Connecting to WiFi:
Step 1: Restart Your Printer and WiFi Network
- Unplug the power code and turn off the printer. Now, restart the WiFi router.
- Restart the modem and turn on the printer.
- Now, press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds.
- In your printer, go to wireless settings.
- Select the name of your network and try to connect it.
Step 2: Try WPS Option to Connect With WiFi Network
- On the WiFi router, check and navigate to the WPS option.
- Now, press the setup wireless button on the modem/router.
- After pressing it, the LED above it will blink.
- Go to the printer and press the WPS button.
- Your printer will shift to the WiFi setup mode.
- Wait till you get the confirmation message.
- On your printer, check the LED lights on the WiFi button. It will indicate that a WiFi connection is set up.
Step 3: Reset WiFi Connection
- On your printer, go to settings.
- Choose the “Network” option.
- Press on the “Reset Network Settings” option.
- To give consent to reset the network, Press 1.
- Your printer will start with resetting the network settings.
- The printer will automatically reboot.
- Now, try connecting your printer with WiFi again.
Step 4: Update Printer Driver
Updating your printer driver is the last possible resort. You should examine the printer driver if the WiFi network is working fine by your end.
Issues in Brother Printer Driver
- WiFi connectivity issue.
- The printer is not responding.
- Printing is showing offline status.
Now, to update the Brother Printer drivers, follow these steps:
- It would be best if you start by confirming the printer model number.
- Go to the official page of Brother Printer.
- Navigate to the printer driver section.
- Now, search for your printer model number.
- From here, you can download the latest version of the Brother Printer.
These are some of the steps to follow when Brother Printer is unable to connect with the WiFi. This procedure is a bit lengthy but you will definitely able to connect the Brother Printer with WiFi.
At the End
Do let us know whether the troubleshooting tactic for how to connect Brother Printer to WiFi worked for you or not? These rules and steps given are tried and tested suggestions. If you want to connect Brother Printer to WiFi, try out these steps, and you will definitely connect with it. But, if you are unable to connect, then also you can follow the above-mentioned steps to resolve the problem.