Dot Net is an open-source cross-platform useful for building applications of various kinds. In addition, it allows a user to make use of multiple languages, editors, and libraries to create applications for web, mobile, and IoT. This software development platform is built by Microsoft and it primarily runs on Microsoft Windows. To learn further about it, one can enroll in Dot Net Online Course. Apart from creating applications, this framework is also useful in building web services and games.
Features Of Dot Net:
Given below are some of the features of the Dot Net framework.
- Interoperability support (Interop)- This helps in shifting to the Dot Net platform from the existing platforms. In addition, if the environment is Java.COM or COM, it’s much easier to do so with the help of Interop.
- common language runtime (CLR)- This allows a developer to write base classes in VB.NET, child classes in C#. Moreover, this engine is shared with all the languages that are supported by Dot Net.
- Base class library (BCL)- As Dot Net framework has worked on taking the Base class library a step further, this library now supports features such as remoting, string manipulation, exception handling. Etc
- common type system (CTS)- This system helps in supporting the data types within the framework. In addition, it also helps in representing them in metadata format.
- Simplified deployment- It allows applications to deploy simply by a simple XCOPY of the assemblies, ASP.net files, and configuration files.
- Interoperability- As the Dot Net platform ensures backward support, it makes sure that the older framework versions work well together with the latest version.
- Memory management- This framework is capable enough of identifying those resources that are not used by a running program. In addition, it releases these resources immediately.
- Security- Dot Net ensures a good safety mechanism as it is beneficial for both validating and verifying an application. In addition, each of the security mechanisms has requirements in granting the user access to the code or program.
- Portability- Portability allows the applications that are built on the Dot Net framework to run on any Windows platform.
Dot Net Framework Architecture:
Dot Net Framework Architecture can be termed as a programming model for Dot Net framework. In addition, it ensures an adequate environment for programming languages and provides ease in deploying and developing desktop and Windows applications.
Significant Components Of Dot Net:
Dot Net consists of several components that make it a leading platform. Given below are some of the main components of the Dot Net framework.
Common Language Runtime (CLR)- This run time environment in the Dot Net Framework helps in running the code that results in making the development process easier. It further facilitates services like remoting, thread management, type-safety, memory management, and robustness. In addition, its beneficial for managing the codes and executing the Dot Net Programs. It offers the following benefits.
- Performance improvements.
- Ability to use components developed in other languages.
- Extensible types are provided by a class library.
- Language features for object-oriented programming.
- Support for explicit free threading.
- It provides support for structured exception handling.
- supports custom attributes.
- Garbage collection.
- Use of delegates instead of function pointers.
Framework Class Library (FCL)- This framework consists of reusable and object-oriented class libraries. In addition, it is a collection of namespaces, interfaces, and value types for the Dot Net application. This Framework Class library helps in conducting the functions given below.
- Base & user-defined data
- Support for exceptions handling
- Input/output and stream operations
- Communications with the underlying system
- Access to data
- Ability to create Windows-based GUI applications
- Ability to create web-client and server applications
- Support for creating web services
Languages- The kind of languages that can be developed in the Dot Net framework can be divided into the following categories.
- WinForms- WinForms are useful in developing form-based applications.
- Net- This is beneficial in developing Web-based applications.
- Net- The applications that are capable of interacting with Databases are developed by using ADO.Net.
Dot Net is an open-source platform useful for building applications. It consists of features like Common language runtime and Base class library which makes it a leading name in its field. Many institutions provide Dot Net Training in Noida. In conclusion, it also consists of many significant components.