Consider that you are seeking a chance to study abroad. Then you might consider visiting Canada because there are many chances there. Canada is a North American nation with many well-known landmarks, an amazing culture, etc. It offers every kind of outdoor exploration a student in Canada might desire. Canada boasts the most incredible locations for you to visit while you study abroad, including city adventures in Quebec. I’ll talk about the Indian national student visa for Canada in this blog. Canada study visa requirements
Who Needs A Student Visa For Canada?
Get a student visa and study permit if you’re an international student who wants to study in Canada and needs a visiting visa or an eTA to enter the country. You are not permitted to enter Canada with the permit. However, it is combined with an eTA or guest visa, allowing you to begin your studies.
- If your course of study in Canada will last no more than six months, all you need is a guest visa or an eTA. But a study permit is only valid as long as you finish the course in six months or fewer. If, however, you are unable to finish the brief programme in six months, you will need a study visa.
- You do not require a study permit if you are a member of the family or staff of a foreign official to Canada who has been accredited by Global Affairs Canada.
- You do not require a study permit if you are a citizen of another nation who has been granted Registered Indian Status in Canada.
What Is A Student Visa For Canada For Indians?
An IRCC-issued study permit gives Indian nationals permission to enroll in a programme of study at a Canadian educational institution for the duration of the program. It outlines the student’s obligations, including when they must depart and whether their travel inside Canada is restricted.
An official counterfoil document known as a temporary residence visa is given out by an Indian visa application center. That is stamped in your current passport as proof that you obtained a study visa and were authorised to enter Canada as a temporary resident (Indian student). The High Commission of Canada in New Delhi, India, will print your visa information on a specifically created sticker known as a “foil.” The TRV, also known as a “visiting” or “tourist” visa, may be granted for a single entry or numerous entries into Canada.
For foreign nationals entering Canada without a visa, there is a new entrance requirement known as the eTA. Canada will be able to examine visitors before they go there. It is valid for five years or until the expiration of your passport.
How to Determine Your Eligibility for a Canadian Student Visa
Before beginning your student visa application, you must confirm that you are eligible as an Indian national, just like with any other Canadian visa application. If you are an Indian national and meet the requirements, you may study in Canada.
- Travelers should be fully vaccinated.
- You Attend A Specific Learning Institution.
- You have enough money.
- No prior convictions
- Have strong overall health.
- Have documentation to back up your claim that you’ll be in the country when your study permit runs out.
Always travel fully vaccinated.
To enter Canada as a traveller who has received all necessary vaccinations, you must adhere to these rules. Additionally, whether you’re travelling by car or by plane, bring the following items with you for inspection by a border patrol agent (travellers cannot access WiFi at land border crossings):
- An ArriveCAN receipt with the traveler’s name and an A, I, or V next to their vaccination status.
- Uploading vaccination documentation to ArriveCAN (original or paper copy).
- If chosen, get ready for the arrival testing.
- ArriveCAN has received a travel document (e.g., a valid passport).
You Attend a Specific Educational Institution
To apply for a study permit, you must have an acceptance letter from a recognised educational institution. A school that has been given the go-ahead by a province or territorial government to accept foreign students is known as a “designated learning institution.” Despite having recognised learning institutions, none of Canada’s primary or secondary schools are on this list.
Make sure the post-secondary institution you intend to attend is included on this list.
Imagine that after receiving your study permission, the institution where you are enrolled loses its designation as a recognised learning institution. When your existing permit expires, you can then continue to study for your programme. However, after that, you can only enrol in a recognised educational institution to renew your study permission.
Have enough money
Show that you have the resources necessary to cover your living expenses while in Canada, as well as the expenses of any family members you may bring. Lastly, arrange return transportation for you and any accompanying family members.
What Are the Conditions for an Indian Student Visa?
You must acquire the necessary paperwork as you get ready for the Canada student visa for Indian nationals. To continue with your application for a Canada student visa for India, you must have the following documents:
- Acceptance documentation from Canadian universities
- ID verification.
- Directions from the visa office
- Documentation of Financial Support
- A certificate of a medical examination
You might additionally need to provide the supporting documentation listed below.
- An explanation letter.
- Certificate of Guaranteed Investment
- A certificate of acceptance from Quebec (CAQ).
- A Custodian Statement.
CERTIFIED GUARANTEED INVESTMENT (GIC)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s recommendations state that you will need about CAD 10,000 per year, excluding tuition costs, to support your living expenses. Purchasing a participating GIC and providing proof that your tuition has been paid satisfies this requirement. Only Canadian financial institutions such as Scotiabank, ICICI Bank Canada, HSBC, etc. are involved. You won’t be able to submit an application through the Student Direct Stream if your bank or GIC doesn’t satisfy these requirements.
How to Submit an Indian Student Visa Application for Canada
Typically, obtaining a student visa is required before travelling to Canada. When requesting an Indian study visa for Canada, you must do so online. Only if you have a disability that prevents you from submitting online may you submit a paper application. or if you possess a refugee, stateless, or non-national resident identity or travel document. We’ll provide a guest visa if we approve your application for a study permit. You don’t have to apply for a guest visa separately.
How to Apply Online for an Indian Student Visa to Canada
Through the Student Direct Stream, you can obtain a student permit more quickly. To expedite the processing of your study permit, you must apply online. For the Student Direct Stream, a paper application is not required. Include any necessary paperwork. You can initiate an application using your IRCC account. Receive application-related mails, submit and pay for your application form, and then change your details.
- Create a secure account with the IRCC. A username, password, and email address are required for this process. You will then get an email with a verification code that you must enter. Ensure you have the following before submitting an online application:
Step 1: Ensure that you have everything you need. You’ll need the following to apply online:
- a working credit card or debit card;
- a scanner or camera to make digital reproductions of your documents.
Step 2 is to read the directions. Even if you submit your application online, you should read the instructions before proceeding. Each field on the form will be described in the instructions.
Step 3 is to get your responses ready for the online tool. There are a few questions you must respond to before you can upload your forms. After that, they use the information you provided to make a unique document checklist for you.
Step 4: Understand the Indian Study Visa Fees for Canada
Your application must be submitted with the processing fees. Consider the scenario when you or a member of your family is required to furnish biometric data. In that situation, in order to avoid delays, the processing charge and the biometric fee should be paid simultaneously using the same payment method. Processing fees for you, anyone you list on your application, and biometrics will typically be included in your payments. At the conclusion of your application, we will ask you to pay your fees.
The fees might need to be paid in Indian rupees (local currency).
Paying third parties Your circumstances may necessitate paying third parties for the following:
- medical certifications or examination results
- Police clearances.
- Services at a visa application center, if you choose to use one: • Language testing
- These fees won’t be charged to your online account. Instead, you’ll pay the third party directly.
- Pay the fees due. Most of the time, you should include a biometrics fee with your application. If not, there can be delays. The cost of taking a digital photo and gathering fingerprints is covered by the biometrics charge. Ascertain whether you must provide your biometrics.
Create an online account or sign in as the fifth step.
A user account is required to apply online. Your account can be used for:
- Submit your application;
- Pay your fees, and
- Monitor your progress.
If a visiting visa or an eTA are required, let’s say you require a visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). If so, we’ll automatically issue it along with your study permission. There is no need for a second application or additional fees.
India Study Visa Fees in Canada
You should be aware that regardless of the outcome, the visa payments will not be reimbursed. Ineligibility for a study permit, for instance, is determined as part of the processing; the funds are not returned. If you reapply, you will be required to pay the application processing charge as well as the biometric fee, if it applies to you.
- Application fee for a study permit (per person, including extensions): Indian rupees 9283.20 followed by 150 Canadian dollars (INR).
- The cost of biometrics (per person) is 85 Canadian dollars, followed by 5260.03 Indian rupees (INR).
- 200 Canadian dollars, followed by 12384,20 Indian rupees, for a temporary residency permit (per person) (INR).
- Visitor visa (including super visa): 100 Canadian dollars, followed by 6173.14 Indian rupees per person (INR).
- Canadian dollars 7, then 433,48 Indian rupees for electronic travel authorization (INR).
What Are the Wait Times for Indian Study Visas?
If you are a citizen of India, the Student Direct Stream (SDS) will enable you to obtain your study visa more quickly. Most SDS applications are attempted to be processed within 20 calendar days. Some applications, though, can take longer. You must expedite processing.
- Provide your biometric data as soon as you can.
- Comply with all conditions for eligibility in Canada.
What follows an application?
Once you have submitted your application for a visa, you should concentrate on the next procedures.
- You must submit your photograph and fingerprints (biometrics). Submit your application as soon as your fees, including the biometrics charge, are paid. You will receive a letter informing you that you must provide your biometric data (if you need to). You’ll find instructions on how to accomplish this in the letter. When providing your biometrics, you must carry this letter with you. You must also have a current passport with you. You have up to 30 days to physically provide your biometrics. They would send you a letter requesting that you do this first if you didn’t pay the biometrics charge. Only those who pay the biometrics cost will receive the instruction letter.
- The processing of your study permit application Once they receive your biometrics, they’ll be able to process your study permit application. They process most Student Direct Stream applications within 20 calendar days after we receive your biometrics, if you meet the eligibility requirements.
They will examine your application as a regular study permit if it does not match the requirements for the Student Direct Stream. If this occurs, you won’t experience speedier processing.
You will get the following if they accept your application for a study permit: A port of entrance or a letter of introduction This is not your study permission. When you enter Canada, you must present this letter to the immigration officer. -Depending on what you need to enter Canada, either an electronic travel authorization (eTA) or a Canadian visiting visa (temporary resident)
Verify that your DLI is included on the list of people whose COVID-19 preparation plans have been authorised before you depart for Canada. If your DLI is not on this list, you will not be permitted to enter Canada.
If you require a travel authorization through electronic means (eTA),
You’ll include information about it in your introduction letter. Your passport will be digitally connected to your eTA. If your passport expires before then, it will be valid for an additional five years. Make sure the passport you used to apply for is still valid before you depart.
If A Visitor Visa Is Required
In order to link your Canada study visa for Indians to your current, valid passport, they will require you to send it to the closest visa application center. Your valid passport will contain your India study visa, which will indicate if you are permitted to enter Canada only once or more than once. You must enter Canada before the expiration of your visa.
Obtaining a Canadian Study Visa
An immigration official will check that you are eligible to enter Canada when you get to the port of entry. The immigration officer will print your study permit and hand it to you if there are no issues. Make sure you have with you all the necessary documentation to enter Canada.
Conditions you must adhere to for a Canadian study permit:
Your study permit may contain additional restrictions. You must adhere to certain requirements, which may include:
- The academic level
- Whether working while enrolled in school is permitted in Canada
- If you have to go to a hospital for treatment,
- Whether you have permission to travel within Canada
- The deadline for finishing your studies
Questions and Answers
What Happens If You Don’t Meet Your Study Permit Conditions?
They may ask you to leave Canada if we determine that you have not adhered to the requirements of your study permit. Additionally, you might need to wait six months before requesting a new study permission (or a visitor visa or work permit in Canada). If you carry out one of the following actions, the results of any subsequent applications you submit may be affected:
- You disregard the terms of your study permission.
- You engage in employment or study that we haven’t approved.
- The terms of your study permission
- You must adhere to certain requirements if you have a study permit. Your student status and study permit may be revoked if you fail to comply with these requirements. You might even need to leave Canada.
If you have a study permit, you must:
- Enroll in a DLI, unless you are exempt from this requirement.
- Unless you are exempt, demonstrate that you are actively pursuing your studies by
- attending classes on a full- or part-time basis each semester (excluding regularly scheduled breaks).
- Moving closer to finishing the required courses for your program
- Don’t leave your study program on an allowed leave for more than 150 days.
- Please let us know if you switch post-secondary institutions.
- If you no longer meet the criteria for enrollment, stop your studies.
- Depart Canada once your visa expires.