If you’ve had acne at some point in life, you know about acne scars. Dermatologists refer to acne scars as “post-inflammatory acne marks”. In case you are annoyed because of them, your feelings are completely valid. These marks stay for long and don’t leave easily – or at all!
Last month, at MBM, we received a customer who wanted to buy the best luxury pet collection online in Pakistan. After all, Maria Basit Malik is a fashion brand where you can buy luxury pret online.
Anyways, the customer happened to be a dermatologist. We had a conversation with her over acne scars and she informed us about some remedies. These remedies, according to her professional opinion, can help you get rid of acne.
Before we dive into the remedies for acne scars, let’s discuss the different types of acne first. Majorly, there are 6 types of acne:
Types of Acne
People tend to think that there is only one type of acne. This is wrong because there are several types. And you need to be aware of all these types so you can treat them properly.
When the pores in your skin get clogged, all the way through, then they lead to whiteheads. Whiteheads are also sometimes called closed comedones. Your pores can get clogged with oil, skin cells, and bacteria.
After your pores get clogged, a little white bump forms on its head. In fact, the length of the pore is also clogged.
Important tip: If you have whiteheads, you cannot pop them out or remove them. So, leave them be. Salicylic acid, sulfur, and benzoyl peroxide are some of the over-the-counter treatments for whiteheads. The dermatologist who was interviewed also recommended retinol, tretinoin, and adapalene.
The nature of blackheads is not like whiteheads. While whiteheads are closed comedones, blackheads are the opposite. They are open comedones on the skin. This is because the head of the pores remains open. People tend to pop blackheads, as they can be.
However, experts believe that is not good for the skin. Why? Because it tends to leave scars on your skin.
Important Tip: The treatment recommended for whiteheads is the same as for blackheads. Skin specialists believe that using wax strips on the skin for blackheads isn’t good. That’s because it can damage the top layer of your skin. This can further make your acne worse.
Sometimes the oil that is produced by your skin gets mixed with the bacteria there. It leads to clogging of your pores. The bacteria trapped inside the pores escapes. This then affects the neighboring skin areas. And thus, an inflamed lesion is formed.
This inflamed lesion is called a papule. However, it does not contain any pus. Doctors recommend antibacterial solutions for papules. This means you can use benzoyl peroxide as it is pretty effective for acne.
Your skin can develop small, bulging bumps. These bumps have a white center and an inflamed red area around them. They can be found on your skin, back, or chest. Usually, there are clusters of such bumps found in one place.
These bumps are called pustules and they have pus in them. If you try to pop or squeeze them, the pus bursts out. This leads to the further spread of the bacteria on your skin tissue. Doctors recommend the same treatments for pustules as they do for papules.
This type of acne forms under the skin. They are usually flesh-colored and have red bumps. They usually happen because of the C. acnes bacteria. While there are OTC treatments for nodules, yet doctors believe that aren’t effective.
This is because nodules grow within the skin. So, they require oral medications sometimes. There are doctors that use antibiotics to treat nodules too.
Cysts form as a result of a severe infection in our bodies. Skin specialists believe that it is the most severe form of acne. Cystic acne is painful and is highly inflamed. This type of acne is large and is red because of the inflammation.
Doctors believe that cysts on the skin are the hardest to treat. Many experts use birth control to treat cysts. But this works for women. For men, there are side effects, of course, which is why doctors don’t recommend it for them.
Remedies to Treat Acne Scars
Medical treatment for each type of acne might differ. But there are some rules that you can follow to get rid of acne scars. Here are some:
- Invest in a good cleanser that has exfoliating alpha hydroxy acids. This will help you increase the rate of your cell turnover. Further, you can also go for cleansers that have aloe versa. It will help reduce any redness on your face.
- Get yourself a bottle of concentrated vitamin C serum. It will help in repairing any damage to your skin. Besides, it helps you maintain an even skin tone. The trauma left behind by actual acne is also repaired easily with it. A few drops every day can really help you reduce acne scars on your face.
- You need a day cream which can soothe your skin. Get a day cream that has niacinamide. It will help you reduce any redness around the acne scars.
- Always finish your skincare routine with a good sunscreen. Skin experts believe that using sunscreen helps you reduce the darkening of scars. Make sure that you wear sunscreen during the day. You don’t necessarily have to go out of your house to need it. In fact, experts believe that during day hours, inside your house, you should wear it. It reduces any discoloration on your skin.
- After using a cleanser, you should use a spot treatment. A spot treatment helps you lessen the discoloration. Try to get a spot treatment that has hydroquinone. Hydroquinone is great for forming a stable and new color of your skin.
Following these five ways can help you reduce acne scars.
Remember: To buy luxury pret collections online in Pakistan, contact designers like MBM. Now, you can buy luxury pret online with brands like Maria Basit Malik.