QuickBooks is accounting software used by companies to manage their finances. Payments like salaries, taxes. Deductions and other investments can be easily managed through this software. The easy usability and interface of this software make it a highly demanded software by businesses of all shapes and sizes. However, this software is very susceptible to errors such as script errors that happen due to changes in the settings in the browser.
WHAT IS QUICKBOOKS SCRIPT ERROR CODE 0?
A QuickBooks Script Error code 0 occurs when a user accesses QuickBooks or a webpage of QuickBooks but the webpage does not load or open. This error flashes on the screen with the message – A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly. If the error is not resolved quickly, it can cause the system to become unresponsive. Fortunately, a QuickBooks Script Error Code 0 will not break files or damage the system or cause a loss of data on the system.
CAUSES OF QUICKBOOKS SCRIPT ERROR CODE 0
The QuickBooks Script Error Code 0 occurs mostly because of faulty settings in the browser. QuickBooks is designed to work efficiently across all browsers. So when an error like this comes up, it is usually because of an outdated or a misconfigured browser. The possible causes of the error are:
- When the browser is incorrectly configured to your QuickBooks software, then the error is bound to happen.
- A QuickBooks Script Error code 0 will most likely happen when the browser is already running actively when you place a page request.
- The software and the browser on your system should be synced together already.
HOW TO QUICKLY RESOLVE QUICKBOOKS SCRIPT ERROR CODE 0?
There are so many ways to resolve script errors in QuickBooks. The following troubleshooting methods should be applied as mentioned to get your system up and running quickly after the occurrence of the error:
1. ADD INTUIT AS A TRUSTED WEBSITE ON YOUR BROWSER
- Open the Settings option and open your browser.
- Go to the Security tab.
- Add Intuit.com as a trusted website under the “Trusted sites” section.
- Go back to the “Trusted Sites” section.
- Uncheck the “Require server verification(HTTPS:)” option.
- Exit the “Trusted Sites” window and uncheck the “Enable Protected Mode” option.
- Exit the browser and run the QuickBooks software again.
2. CLICK CACHE IN THE BROWSER
- Go to the Browser setting and go to the browsing History section of the browser.
- Click on the Delete option.
- Select the History option, then on Cookies, and finally on Temporary Internet files.
- Finally, click on the Delete button.
- Click on Apply and then on OK.
3. RUN THE INTERNET BROWSER IN COMPATIBILITY MODE
- Open the Internet browser and go to the Tools section.
- Go to the Compatability view settings and open the Compatability view window.
- Checkmark the box next to “Display all websites in Compatibility View”.
- Click on Close to save all the changes.
4. SET THE INTERNET EXPLORER AS THE DEFAULT INTERNET BROWSER
- Navigate to the Programs tab in the Internet Explorer settings.
- Make the Internet Explorer the default browser on your system.
5. CLEAR SSL CERTIFICATES FROM THE INTERNET EXPLORER
- Select Internet Options from the Gear icon at the top of the Internet Explorer.
- On the Content Tab, click on the Clear SSL State Button.
- Click on OK and save changes.
6. TURN OFF THE ADD-ONS ON THE INTERNET EXPLORER
- From the Tools menu of Internet Explorer, select Internet options.
- Select the Manage Add-ons from the Programs Tab.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on Add-on and select the Disable option.
- Click on OK and exit the Internet Explorer.
7. ADD THE URL OF THE ERROR MESSAGE TO THE LIST OF RESTRICTED WEBSITES ON QUICKBOOKS
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Help tab.
- Select the Internet Connection Setup option.
- In the Security, select the Restricted sites option.
- Click on Sites and copy-paste the URL of the error message window.
- Click on Add and close the window.
- To save the changes, click on the OK and Done options.
8. TURN OFF THE SCRIPT ERROR NOTIFICATION IN THE BROWSER SETTINGS
- Click on the Tool icon on the top-right corner of the Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab after clicking Internet options.
- Uncheck the option “Display a notification for every script mistake”
- Click on OK to save the changes and never get a notification every time a QuickBooks Script Error Code 0 occurs.
9. REINSTALL THE INTERNET EXPLORER
If your script processing application is damaged, then you will have to reinstall Internet Explorer in the following steps:
- From the Windows Start Menu, navigate to the Control Panel.
- Go to the Add/Remove Program section.
- Uncheck Internet Explorer and turn Windows features on or off.
- Restart your computer and return to the Turn Windows Features on or off section.
- Uncheck Internet Explorer and restart your computer.
- Run QuickBooks again to see if QuickBooks Script Error Code 0 is fixed.
10. CLOSE CONFLICTING PROGRAMS
Sometimes overlapping of programs might cause a QuickBooks Script Error Code 0 to occur. Stop the conflicting programs in the following steps:
- Open the Task Manager by simultaneously clicking on the Ctrl+Alt+Del options.
- You will see a list of programs that are running right now.
- Go to the Processes tab and highlight each program and stop them by clicking on the End Process option.
- Check if the error message occurs every time you stop a process.
- Once you get an idea of the program that is causing the error, then you can resolve it by reinstalling the application.
These 10 troubleshooting methods will easily resolve all QuickBooks Script Error Code 0 issues with the software. If you are still unable to resolve the error, then the best call to take is to connect with the QuickBooks Support team and get in touch with their QuickBooks experts.